Squirrelmail replacement

James Marcinek jmarc1 at jemconsult.biz
Wed Jun 16 22:53:29 UTC 2004

The issue could be the result of your MTA (ie Sendmail) configuration. just
moved from Squirrelmail to OpenGroupware.org. You still need the underlying MTA
and IMAP server. Over the weekend I moved from Squirrelmail... While one could
use the default (mine) was the wu package; however to get the full features you
should use a full functional package (like cyrus-imapd) I'm on RHEL 3 so I had
to rebuild src RPMs (do a search on cyrus-imapd rpms) and I installed it with no
problem. The problem I had was trying to get SendMail configured properly. I had
it running with the wu package but when I had to reconfigure it, I ran into
problems and ended up switching to Postfix which is my new MTA of choice (very
easy to install and configure).

OpenGroupware runs on PostgreSQL on the back end. There's a perl script that you
can use( I would recommend reviewing before running), download, modify or run
from the command line that will do a complete install. I had problems during the
install with the Apache module; you can skip this step but I didn't it as it
created the necessary ogo.conf in the httpd/conf.d directory. The work around
for this was very easy:
 run the make command in the untarred directory
 copy the file (and possibly make) the directory...

The other issue was corrected by creating a soft link for a previous version.

www.exchangekillers.com

In addition there are plugins for Evolution and Outlook, pda, etc. and designed
for group collaboration.

HTH-
james