perl nightmare

James D. Parra Jamesp at MusicReports.com
Thu Jun 10 22:06:10 UTC 2004

You can go to $HOME/.cpan/build/<name of module>
And force the install there with make install, provided the build
succeeded.

You really should get all the tests working though.
~~~

Hello,

It appears the build worked, no errors were reported, but the test couldn't
start httpd in the apache src directory.

cat error_log
[Wed Jun  9 14:25:15 2004] [crit] (98)Address already in use: make_sock:
could not bind to port 8529

I stopped the real httpd service to run this test, but that didn't help. The
service httpd still works fine.

service httpd start
Re-creating /etc/httpd/extramodules
Starting httpd:                                                 [  OK  ]

It is this test daemon that couldn't bind to port 8529. (No firewall
installed)

What command do I use to force the install?

Thank you again.

James

<snip>
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/.cpan/build/mod_perl-1.29/Util'
/usr/src/apache_1.3.27/src/httpd -f `pwd`/t/conf/httpd.conf -X -d
`pwd`/t &
httpd listening on port 8529
will write error_log to: t/logs/error_log
letting apache warm up...\c
done
/usr/bin/perl5.8.0 t/TEST 0
still waiting for server to warm up...............not ok
server failed to start! (please examine t/logs/error_log) at t/TEST line
95.
make: *** [run_tests] Error 255
/usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
make test had returned bad status, won't install without force