If I use a Mandrake or SuSE RPM on RH9- What happens? Results

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Sun Jun 13 04:27:31 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 13:35, Stephen W wrote:
> Well, mixed results...
> Recognized camera ...
> Began to D/l the pixs...
> Locked up ...
> Waited several minutes ... nothing
> Hsrd Reboot...
> Won't recognize camera ...
> Everything else seems to still work...
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> StephenW
> Sarasota, FL - USA

Have you tried mounting the camera as a hd and copying the files
directly? (If you camera supports that - most do) - I generally don't
depend on any of the programs - I just plug in the cam, use kdf to mount
the device under /mnt/camera - and then use Nautilus, ROX or Konq to
copy the images.

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company