finding USB camera using kdf and lsmod, etc

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Sun Jun 13 13:41:54 UTC 2004

On Jun 13, 2004, at 9:29 AM, Stephen W wrote:

> egad, I sure do not want to return to Win... but this
> is getting crazy.. Slowly, very slooooooowly,
> learning. Never in all my years of education (and
> those are considerable) has the learning curve been so
> steep... ofcoourse, in the formal academic centers
> there were fellow students, profs, and all sorts of
> resources that I do not have sitting at home by
> myself...

First off, you should expect problems when you start breaking your
system.  Regardless of what others have told you, I'd avoid installing
packages on your system that weren't built for your system.  Instead,
if you really can't find the appropriate package (unlikely), try
building your own from the source rpm.

Going back to your original post, I'm wondering why you needed to
install libgphoto2 in the first place.  Looking at the RH9
repositories, I see both gphoto2 and gphoto2-devel RPM packages.
Something tells me you're suffering from the domino syndrome.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting