FTP server

Sergei Giritch sergei at fleetchek.com
Sat Jun 19 05:50:35 UTC 2004

Hi Ben!
Did you try to put file on the server without login?
Sorry I tried it gave me the following error:
"An error occured copying a file to the FTP Server.
Make sure you have permission to put files on the server.

Detail:
200 Switching to Binary mode.
200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV.
550 Permission denied."
I'm getting the same error on my servers with vsftpd.
Therefore your server denies anonymous access.

You might do the following in vsftpd.conf
Instead of comment #anonymous_enable=YES
Uncomment and put NO

anonymous_enable=NO

anon_upload_enable=NO

anon_mkdir_write_enable=NO

After that, if you still have a problem I'll sent you all configuration
files.
My suggestion do not offer anyone to have ssh access to you server.
To modify anything in /etc I will need root password this is dangerous.

Best Regards,
Sergei Giritch
Web System Administrator
Fleetchek.com