Apache proxy?

Jeff jeff at virgin.net
Tue Mar 2 16:01:01 UTC 2004

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:50:18 -0500, Marty Landman wrote
> At 03:42 PM 3/2/2004, Jeff wrote:
>
> >I have a webserver running on one of the boxes LAN and I need to be able
> >to go to http://mydomain.com/newdirectory/ (or
> >http://newdirectory.mydomain.com with virtual hosting) and need apache to
> >proxy content from 192.168.0.5:80 to the outside world.
>
> I did this using the reverse_proxy directive. It helps if you have a
> static ip from your isp, and also you'll have to be sure that they
> aren't blocking incoming port 80 requests to your ip. For the second
> then make sure you can see your gateway's server from the internet
> via ip addr otherwise there's no point.
>
> Jeff, you do realize that to do this with apache you'll need to be
> running apache on your gateway box as well as on the other server on
> your lan, right? Then the reverse proxy establishes that
>
> e.g. port 80 get requests to 202.22.11.9/jeffstuff
> serves content from 192.168.0.5
>
> so that second box also must be running apache. At least this
> describes how I got it to run. - then quickly disallowed all outside
> reqs ;)

Unfortunately I dont have a static IP but Im not sure how it will make a
difference. My problem is that I already have a website running on my only
public IP address and dont want to run this new webserver on a non-standard
port. Ive fiddled a little bit with the reverse_proxy directive but couldnt
get it to work - any chance you could post your config?

Thanks again
Jeff