Apache proxy?

Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Tue Mar 2 16:39:00 UTC 2004

At 04:11 PM 3/2/2004, Jeff wrote:

>My problem is that I already have a website running on my only
>public IP address and dont want to run this new webserver on a non-standard
>port. Ive fiddled a little bit with the reverse_proxy directive but couldnt
>get it to work - any chance you could post your config?

Ok, then the only difference I think between our setups is that you
actually have an IP dedicated to serving pages, whereas I did a little
experiment which was possible owing to the fact that I had

- a static ip for my dialup connection
- multiple servers running on my lan

Caution, please be aware what I did was to learn and appeared to work, then
I shut it down as said. What you're doing seems more serious and permanent
so while I might put you on the right track you seem to have a production
system while I was just playing.

Still, I think the config info I sent should be a help.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc.   845-679-9387
FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Free Formmailer: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml