Secondary Mail Server

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Tue Mar 16 11:28:10 UTC 2004

First, you need to tell that new machine that it needs to accept mail for
the same domains, and that it should forward it to the primary mail
server, when available.

Second, you need to set up a second MX record in your DNS zone, with a
higher number than the primary MX, so that the world knows where to try to
send mail when the primary MX is down.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit