routing problems

Hi,

I have an existing small network of Pc's and RH9 machines. I have been
trying to bring up a new RH9 box on the network without any luck.

I have checked the cables and they seem ok
firewall has been disabled
ifconfig looks ok - correct ip address & netmask, and the interface is up
netstat -r also looks ok although the default route takes a long time to
come up, compared to other RH9 boxes.

any ideas..

Joe