Hardware Testing

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 10 18:55:01 UTC 2004

Christian Campbell wrote:
> Does anyone know of any utilities I can use to boot from CD or floppy to
> test Intel based hardware?  Memory, CPU, video, IDE drives, etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Christian

Have a look at the free 'donateware':

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com

The most useful boot CD I've seen so far. Memory diags (memtest86!), hd
diags for all the major hardware players (samsung, hitachi, seagate, WD
etc.), filesystem diags/utilities, disk cloning, booting into a Win
domain via DOS, PC info (AIDA16 - very handy for checking what's inside
without opening the box), partition managers, virus checking.

Absolutely fantastic.

Please donate if you like it. The guy deserves it for his effort.

Regards,
Ed.