remote installation/update using gnome/rh8.0

hi...

we're curious... trying to do an install of some additional apps on a remote
box. we're using vncserver and the box has rh8.0/gnome. when we specify the
app (mysql) to install, the gnome package manager prompts for the ISO disk
to be placed in the CD. We'd prefer to be able to point the app to a
directory/ftp server to extract the appropriate files... is there a way to
do this...

what is the easiest/recommended way of accomplishing this...

thanks...

bruce
bedouglas earthlink net