RE: open source content filtering

-|-----Original Message-----
-|From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:redhat-list-
-|bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Paul Greene
-|Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2004 9:07 PM
-|To: redhat-list redhat com
-|Subject: open source content filtering
-|
-|
-|Can anyone recommend a good open source equivalent to commercial
-|programs like Cyber Sitter or Net Nanny?
-|
-|Preferably the program should also be able to apply different filtering
-|rules based on which particular host is attempting to access the
-|internet (i.e. kid's computer, dad's computer, etc)
-|
-|Thanks
-|
-|PG

We run Dansguardian in conjunction with squid for our school district (We
must now filter VIA CIPA funding guidelines).  It's worked wonderfully.  We
started with squidGuard and it worked well for a blacklist function;
however, Dansguardian will use squidGuard blacklist files, as well as do
actual content filtering. www.dansguardian.org.

Cheers,
Toby