Network Card Error, ipconfig report error on eth0

Marco A. Ramos mramos at sanyoval.net
Thu Oct 28 17:53:10 UTC 2004

Thank you very much Pete, I really appreciate your help.

As you said, I believe too, that the trouble could be the buffer, actually I
found other forum “when a card is in a fast network and it has few buffer
memory that card can drop packages”.

Well, the solution looks to increase the buffer memory, but I don’t know how
make it, and that failing is get in me in troubles. So now we will switch
the IP’s and cables, the eth2 winch is working fine we will put it on the
fast switch and the eth0 we will put it on the router with a slow connection
(128 kbps), may this is not the final solution but I can win time because
that erd. connection it is not operating now.

About your recommendations, the big problem is that I’m like 1,500 miles
away from the server and the server is opering a critical service (yes I
know, why don’t you test it fist?, but we tested it and work fine, just when
we put it to operate star to fail).

Change the port on the switch, I can’t do that at lest a probe that it is
failing, because it’s assigned by a government department.

The Nic is motherboard integrated, actually this is the strange because the
motherboard has two similar NIC integrated but just one fail!

Put other Nic on the server, the server is Rack Mount and it use small PCI
cards, I don’t have other now (bad bad bad), but it’s good idea to buy other
to have it as backup.

Every help or comment is really welcome!!!

Thank you all.