USB Flash drive ??

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Mon Oct 4 13:01:22 UTC 2004

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Asplund, Marcus wrote:

> Hello Fellow RH enthusiasts,
> I am having a difficult time mounting a memorex USB flash mem. stick.
> I made a directory /mnt/memstick then mounted it using
> #mount -t vfat /dev/sda /mnt/memstick. This works in RH9. No luck though in

Have you tried /dev/sda1, instead?

> Fedora. I had read that Fedora core should auto detect and place an icon on
> the desktop for USB 2.0 flash mem. That didn't happen either . Any
> suggestions??? Thanks in advance.

I haven't had that happen for any of my flash cards via my reader...I
don't know that it should automatically put anything on the desktop, that
way.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit