Fedora 2 install

Jason W Elliot jelliot at math.cudenver.edu
Fri Oct 22 22:20:28 UTC 2004

> > Hi, all.  I have been trying to install Fedora 2 x86-64 on my laptop, and
> > it seems that every copy of disc 3 that I get is corrupted.  Is anybody
> > else experiencing this?
> >
> > --
> > Jason
>
> No, I have done a couple of FC2 installs recently and I tested all media
> before the first installation.  All tested good.  How did you DL them?

http

  Did
> you do the MD5 checks?

You mean the "test" before installation?  Yes.  Discs 1 and 2 passed.
Discs 3 and 4 failed.  Something about "chksm" not being on the disc, if I
remember correctly.

  What mirrors have you tried?

A few, including the Red Hat site itself.  My first copy of disc 3 was
from the same place as my (good) copies of discs 1 and 2.

  What OS are you
> burning them on?

Window$ XP.

Did you install the x86-64 version or the i386?  I'm wondering whether
it's something with the x86-64 version.  Thanks for your reply.

-Jason

--
					Jason