dual boot laptop

Ken Rossman rossman at columbia.edu
Sun Aug 28 22:55:02 UTC 2005

I won't venture any opinions on what machine to get.  I CAN, however,
tell you
that I have successfully created a dual-boot machine directly from a
"stock"
Windows laptop direct from the store/factory using Partition Magic.
This nifty
package knows how to shrink down the size of the existing Windows
partition
and contents without losing any data, make room for one or more
partitions for
other things, and can even create various flavors of file systems on
those
partitions prior to installation of any Linux or other x86-based OS.
It's a
wonderful package, and well worth the $70 or so that it goes for.  It
used
to be made by a company called PowerQuest, but it looks like Symantec
now
owns this package.

KR