Automatic disconnect from host feature

Jonathan Chen (jonachen) jonachen at cisco.com
Mon Aug 15 22:40:20 UTC 2005

> Two (or three) thoughts:
>
> 1) It depends on how they are connecting.  If you are talking
> about local
> sessions, that is far different than say, remote X
> connections, or even
> remote connections over VNC, or X tunneled through SSH.

Well I'm talking about using using a regular windows SSH client to
connect to linux host and also later with X session using FreeNX.

> 2) It will probably be service-based timeouts, for example SSH has
> keepalive=YES  and probably a timeout option as well (man ssh)

I don't believe this works at all.  Where is the setting that says to
let users be on the system until they log out when they are on the same
network while from another network, you will be logged off after an
hour???