SAMBA and XP

Paal Marker paal at barum.folkebibl.no
Tue Feb 22 14:17:07 UTC 2005

Nathaniel Hall wrote:

I had a problem long time ago with XP that could not log on samba. The
problem was that the user  had installed XP home-edition, wich does not
work with samba-server as it has no support for it.  We found at that
time that it excisted no work-arounds. XP-pro had no problems working
with samba-server.  Is it XP-pro you have installed? If it is
home-edition you will have to upgrade to pro.