pptp

Steve Buehler steve at ibapp.com
Thu Mar 3 15:36:07 UTC 2005

	Does anybody know if RHEL ES 4 has PPTP ( or was it ) MPPE built into the
kernel?  I am running RHEL ES 3 now and to use VPN server I would have to
recompile the kernel.  I don't really like to do that.  I ran into some
errors that I could not resolve and gave up.  No I don't remember what the
errors where exactly, but it was going to mess up some software running on
that server so I didn't want to continue because it is crucial that that
server stays up and running.  I didn't have another server at the time to
recompile a kernel on.  I was hoping that RHEL ES 4 would have everything
built in and I wouldn't have to recompile the kernel.  That way, I should
still be able to use up2date to keep the kernel updated.  As it stands, if
I recompile the kernel, then any time they came out with a bug fix or new
kernel, I would have to recompile again if I wanted to stay current.

Thanks
Steve