Dual System Syncronization

Michael Scully agentscully at flexiblestrategies.com
Thu Mar 3 19:19:31 UTC 2005

Greetings:

	I don't have experience with rsync or other utilities of this
nature.  Does anyone have experience they would like to share?

	I have a second system that will be in another city to be used for a
backup machine in the event of a disaster (hurricane, fire, massive hardware
failure).  I will have an entire partition I would like to sync up overnight
each night to keep this backup system available with the prior day's
application data.  Real time sync would not be possible with the slow frame
relay connection (256 kbs) I'll have, but once a day is more than
sufficient.  There will likely be about 4 GB of data in this partition, but
not all of it changes daily.  These files also highly compressible (10 to
1).

	Both machines will be running RHEL 4, ES.  I'm not opposed to a
commercial product either.  If anyone has some real world experience, I
would love to hear about the implementation.

Mike Scully