EXIM - fallback to smarthost

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Oct 6 15:44:30 UTC 2005

Hi folks.

My live server is Exim 3, but I'm in the process of updating to a new
box running Exim 4.

I don't have a smarthost set and SMTP delivery is set direct as I prefer
this for both performance and logging reasons.

However, I have just chaanged ISPs and for some reason my IP address
range is on an RBL.

Is it possible with both versions to configure it so that it tries to
deliver directly, but fall back to my ISP's SMTP relay if it fails.

Thanks

Gary
--
Gary Stainburn