Function key character modes

Michael Scully agentscully at flexiblestrategies.com
Sat Oct 22 00:04:54 UTC 2005

Prior to Enterprise 4, the Ctrl-Alt-F key combinations (F1-F6) would switch
different character sessions, with the Ctrl-Alt-F7 being the X window
session.  Now this no longer works.  Is there a change in configurations to
make this happen?  I had clients that used these multiple screens and are
wanting them back.

Also, something seems to have changed in the Gnome-terminal xterm settings.
I can't get the HOME and END keys to work anymore.

Both of these changed from RHEL3 to RHEL4 and Fedora 3 to Fedora 4