MailScanner question

James D. Parra Jamesp at MusicReports.com
Thu Aug 10 02:05:08 UTC 2006

James,

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, James D. Parra wrote:

> I have asked this question on the MailScanner list, but I haven't gotten a
> reply. I know it must be a simple solution, yet, for the life of me, I
can't
> find the answer.

You need to understand that not everyone sits on the list and will answer
within 30 mins of your post...however I do see someone responded, but not
what you are after and I do get sick of people saying "use this program
as well" when the main proggy has a config setting for this already.

Have you:
a/ set    Keep Spam And MCP Archive Clean = no   (default is yes)
b/ suspended  clean.quarantine.cron              (default is daily)

if they dont help, tell us if they go into Quaratine at all? Try
sending somthing into it and checking right away...

Hello Res,

Thanks for your response. This is the first time I posted this to the RedHat
list unless you were referring to the MailScanner list. Trust me, I've am
patently waiting foe any help on this.

Checking now on your suggestions....

The setting were already in place;

1. Keep Spam And MCP Archive Clean = no
2. clean.quarantine.cron   =  $disabled = 1

The attachments are not making it into quarantine.

Many thanks for your help.

Much obliged,

~James