Re: DNS Issues after setting up a WAN?

On 12/20/06, Georges I. Carraha <CarrahaG arubadigital com> wrote:
However, from the remote side we seem to be getting DNS issues which is
affecting several things including proper SAMBA client operation.  We
are not posting this in a SAMBA group because this seems to be a
networking issue that is affecting other issues.

On the remote side, we can NOT ping using the server name but we CAN
ping using the FQDN.

On your Windows PC on the "remote side", run "ipconfig /all".

Check to see if ruclaservices.local is listed under "DNS suffix search
list".  If not, do the following:
- Start
- Settings
- Network Connections
- (select the applicable network connection), right-click, Properties
- On General tab, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Properties, Advanced
- Add "ruclaservices.local" under "Append these DNS suffixes".

Alternatively, configure your DHCP server on the "remote side" to
include that domain in the list that's passed to DHCP clients.

HTH,
-j

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis, MCP, GCWN