Question about process loging

Andrew Bacchi bacchi at rpi.edu
Mon Feb 13 15:55:36 UTC 2006

I don't know of any tool that will do that for you.  It shouldn't be
very hard to write a simple shell or Perl script to watch for a process
name.  Run 'ps' from a script, catch the process name, and resource use
in a variable.  You chold run it from cron every few seconds.

Or see if the process has some mechanism that will write a log file. You
could then see how often it is being run.  Using 'sar' you could match
up the time of the process with the resources used.

--
veritatis simplex oratio est
		- Seneca

Andrew Bacchi