Question about process loging

Matt Brookover mbrookov at mines.edu
Mon Feb 13 16:12:41 UTC 2006

I have never ran process accounting on Linux, but it might fit your
needs.  I have used similar tools on BSD.  The accounting file grows
very quickly, on the BSD systems accounting would generate a record for
every program ran on the system.

Look at the man page for acct(5), accton(8) and sa(8).

Matt