Question about process loging

Hi,

I have a software installed on my Red Hat enterprise linux 4, which is
run by the users that login remotely. The point is that I want to know
how often this software is used and during its usage how much of the
resources are used by the software. Is there any tool or something
like that except the standart unix linux commands like top,ps,...etc.
or do I have to write a script how??

Thanks to every body

Serdar Sevengör