about tar

Nevruz Mesut Sahin databasearia at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 15:30:01 UTC 2006

     I wrote comand below to terminal

 tar -cvvf /disk1/data/xyz.tar /disk1/data/folders

it works but created file (xyz.tar) is hidden. when I
use find /disk1/data -name xyz.tar system finds it. if
I write ls /disk1/data/xyz.tar system writes
/disk1/data/xyz.tar
it written is red also and if I connect to server from
a windows machine by winscp.exe I can't see xyz.tar
file under /disk1/data/ path. how can I see it by
winscp.exe or if you know another way to copy xyz.tar
file to windows machine. if any body knows, please
help