Make up2date use new-style Yum repository?

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Mon Jul 31 14:15:59 UTC 2006

As far as I can tell, up2date only speaks the old version of Yum,
where you created the repository with 'yum-arch'.  However, many yum
repositories are the new-style 'createrepo' type; up2date gets a 404
error when it looks for the 'headers' directory, since it doesn't
exist.  Is it possible to make up2date speak to these newer
repositories, or will I need to find a different workaround?

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University