Make up2date use new-style Yum repository?

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Mon Jul 31 14:24:58 UTC 2006

> As far as I can tell, up2date only speaks the old version of Yum,
> where you created the repository with 'yum-arch'.  However, many yum
> repositories are the new-style 'createrepo' type; up2date gets a 404
> error when it looks for the 'headers' directory, since it doesn't
> exist.  Is it possible to make up2date speak to these newer
> repositories, or will I need to find a different workaround?

As far as I know, you can't. I tried to use up2date on Fedora Core 5 (where it was deprecated) and tried to configure client for newstyle yum repo, even tried to create my own header files wihout a luck. I just gave up and started to use yum.

--
  Pagarbiai,

  Vilius Šumskas
  LNK TV sistemų administratorius