GFS and iSCSI

ranjtech ranjtech at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 06:13:24 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm a bit of a newbie, and need some answers quickly about this topic.
Apologies if someone's answered them previously:

a) does anyone have a quick step-by-step procedure to implement GFS 6.1 with
an iSCSI SAN?
b) Is implementing DLM better than GULM? It sounds better without needing a
dedicated lock manager?
c) Can I implement GFS without needing a HBA i.e. since I'm using iSCSI,
would I suffer too badly in CPU usage if I were to use a dual Intel
Pro/1000GT GigE adapter (maybe use Ethernet bonding or DM multipathing?) for
better performance?

Thanks so much all who respond to this.

Regards,
RR