DVD player

Budi Febrianto bfebrian at gmx.net
Sat Jun 17 03:11:12 UTC 2006

Larry D Sorensen wrote:
> That worked just fine. I have the gui too, however. I can't figure out
> the menu to tell it to play the DVD.
>
> On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:09:22 +0700 Budi Febrianto <bfebrian at gmx.net>
> writes:
>>
>> Larry D Sorensen wrote:
>>> I have installed mplayer. It starts, but doesn't want to play my
>> DVD.
>>> Does anyone have any instructions for setting it up?
>>>
>>         are you using mplayer (console) or the gui mode? with the
>> guimode, is
>> much simpler to operate.
>>
>>  From the manual:
>> mplayer dvd://<track> [-dvd-device <device>]
>> Example:
>> mplayer dvd://1 -dvd-device /dev/hdc
>>
>> --

 From the Mplayer FAQ
Q:
What about DVD navigation/menus?
A:
MPlayer does not support DVD menus due to serious architectural
limitations that prevent proper handling of still images and interactive
content. If you want to have fancy menus, you will have to use another
player like xine, vlc or Ogle. If you want to see DVD navigation in
MPlayer you will have to implement it yourself, but be aware that it is
a major undertaking.