RHEL kernel update install problem!

Sancho Panza sancho at frawg.org
Sun Mar 26 15:46:23 UTC 2006

Herta and all,

Please pardon my copy of the preceeding message text, but it is needed
here. /etc/grub.conf (1) does not seem to be where it is supposed to be
or softlinked... I found some hand scribbled notes from 2 years ago
indicating that the /boot partition had run out of room for additional
updates, so the additional attempts at kernel update went into /boot
directory on main partition BUT did not get registered to show in the
GRUB menu... problem is I don't have the other part of the note... the
paper was in a pile of admin stuff that I was entering into my
maintenance database... but no entries are in the database. Must be the
the digital gremlins stole it (evil grin).

It has been quite a while since I set up "giskard" and it underwent a
transition to the current OS from a server configured with RH 7.2....
since it is getting de-activated in June, I may just let it be for now.
I am moving the web stuff to another site and will convert the machine
to a satellite link based netserver at my office.

All that being said- if there are any other considerations, I would love
to hear about them.