Regarding an upgrade 8 to 9

darrel barton darrel at lantera.com
Thu Nov 9 18:15:01 UTC 2006

1) people who say there's no such thing as a dumb question clearly don't
have to work with people at my place.

2) I've installed a l number of RH systems but never upgraded from version
to version before and I have a system that I'd like to UPGRADE from Red Hat
8 to 9ES and I'm wondering if there's anything special I should
know.    During the initial install on a Compaq Proliant I vaguely recall
having some problems with the Red Hat not understanding the disc drive
array and the tape drive (and in keeping with company policy and tradition
none of that was documented).   So ... any words of advice?