OOT Sendmail: Suspicious emails in mqueue

Budi Febrianto bfebrian at gmx.net
Fri Sep 1 08:40:43 UTC 2006

Hello Oluwagbenga,

OS> If you see suspicious mails on your server and you are not sure where
OS> they are coming from it. It might be your server is being used for
OS> spamming. Hence your server might be allowing relaying...and there is
OS> the possibility your server has been compromised...
OS> What is the configuration of your /etc/mail/access file.. And other
OS> information about sendmail...
OS> Best regards

OS> Gbenga

My access file
# by default we allow relaying from localhost...
localhost.localdomain           RELAY
localhost                       RELAY
127.0.0.1                       RELAY
172.16.5.7                      RELAY
172.16.5.20                     RELAY
172.16.5.12                     RELAY
172.16.5.14                     RELAY
172.16.5.15                     RELAY
#we enabled greetpause in sendmail.mc to prevent more spam
#to disabled checking for internal mail put in the GreetPause entry
GreetPause:localhost            0
GreetPause:127.0.0.1            0
GreetPause:172.16.5.7           0
GreetPause:172.16.5.20          0
GreetPause:l72.16.5.12          0
GreetPause:172.16.5.14          0
GreetPause:172.16.5.15          0
#start of the list of rejected emails of mydomain.com
#end of the list of rejected emails of mydomain.com
mydomain.com                   RELAY

all email to mydomain.com will be forwarded to our lotus domino
server.

--
Best regards,
 Budi Febrianto mailto:bfebrian at gmx.net