finding system files

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Fri Sep 15 15:32:21 UTC 2006

Quoting Bill Tangren <bjt at aa.usno.navy.mil>:

> Tripwire is no longer part of the distribution, AFAIK. I can certainly
> obtain it, but not from Redhat.

Dig around for tripwire-2.3.1-21 SRPM.  This revision was never part
of any Red Hat distro (RH9 had a bit older one).  I don't remember
exactly from where I got mine, but as a hint it says build host was
"extras.linux.duke.edu".  It should build clean on RHEL4.  However,
you'll be able to build only i386 package.  Don't even try building
x86_64 Tripwire package.  It ain't gonna fly.  The i386 package should
install and run just fine on x86_64 (you'll need to add couple of
32-bit libraries for dependencies).

Alternatively, email me off list and I can send you binary and/or SRPM
packages.

--
NOTICE: If you are not intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that by reading this message you agreed not to disturb frogs during