need recommendation for best Linux supported laptop

Hi all,

I wanted to buy one laptop which will support Linux. I know that Linux is
able to run on [ practically :) ] any kind of hardware platform.
I need this laptop for developing and testing system level codes like device
drivers, kernel modules, building different architecture targeted  systems
etc.
Please recommend the kind of laptop which will sustain above mentioned
operations.

Thanks....
--
Rakesh P. Zingade