bash script mailing list?

katsumi liquer katsumi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 20:21:09 UTC 2007

Hi Ray,

Both those groups sound perfect! I will throw it out here just in case
anyone has an idea. When you are scripting dialog using bash, what are
the exact requirements for the 'tag' and 'item' element options when
using --menu ?

For example, take this command:

dialog --title "This is a test menu box" \
        --menu "Here is a list of valid choices" 20 61 4 [FOOD Foods]
[BEER Beers] [GEAR Gear] [ANIMALS Animals]

This will work, but I can't seem to find any way to allow 'item' field
(Beers, Gear, etc) have spaces in it. Is it possible to have spaces
for this field? What are the format requirements for this field?

Probably a bad question, but it is driving me crazy :)

Thank you,

katsu