Re: SUGGESTON FOR: HIGH END MAIL SERVER

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, security wrote:

Robert Canary a écrit :
security wrote:
Robert Canary:
Huh?  What security holes??

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/19714
fixed 8.13.8, but like so what.  Sendmail spawns new processes.  DOS
one process and another will open for the next mail request. For
sendmail you can only DOS the spawn you opened.

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/18433
The vendor has released version 8.13.7 to address this issue.

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/17192
The vendor has released version 8.13.6 to address this issue.

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/17207

Hello,

Yes , so???? I write that sendmail has more security problems that
postfix, not sendmail has currently unfixed security holes :)

*yawn*

you fail to take into account how long sendmail has been around as agaisnt how long postfix has been around, also userbase of each, in time postfix
will be the same.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie