RHEL4 - permissions/groups and Samba

I have multiple users editing documents in the www/html folder.  I set up a group called web_admin that contains said users.  All of the files under the web root are owned by my local account and the group is web_admin.  We are using Samba to connect to the box.  The problem is as follows:

I have a file:

-rwxrwxr-x  1 nilesn   web_admin  977 Jan 25 06:52 menu.css

When a user (davisjar) edits that file via Samba, the permissions/owner/group change to this:

-rwxr--r--  1 davisjar davisjar   977 Jan 25 10:47 menu.css

Of couse I need the permissions and owner/group to stay the same.  Is this a problem with Samba, i.e. some config option, or something else?

Thanks,

Jared Davis