rdesktop and vista

James R. Jones bnjrj at uaf.edu
Sat Jul 28 01:01:22 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am trying to get rdesktop working with vista. I using redhat v5 and
have been using rdesktop to connect to xp & 2003 servers. However with
vista I getting connection reset by peer error. I can rdp into the vista
system from a xp system and also by using dameware, however from the
redhat system it does not work. I have tried the following:
Turned off firewall to eliminate that as a variable
Doubled and tripled check settings in system remote tab
Did searches on Yahoo looking for a solution

I figure there some small setting that needs to change or there is a
conflict with rdeskptop and vista.  The version of rdesktop is 1.4.1
that came with redhat v5.  Has anyone ran into this problem with
rdesktop or have a solution.  My next step is to install and try
rdesktop 1.5.0 from sourceforge but do not like to install a non
supported version of the software on the server.

Any info would be appreciated.

jim