os doesn't boot, "filesystem needs repair."

paula at scripps.edu paula at scripps.edu
Wed May 9 20:48:28 UTC 2007

Hi Mark,
No, this machine was a date cruncher and whatever these researchers do
here at tsri.  Fortunately, this was not a mail server or a home server,
but several of the labs here at tsri use this machine for their research.
I got a lot of thank yous when I walked in the lab and told them it was up
and running to go try it.  I'm ashamed that it took me 12 days to do an
hour or two fix from cds.  Thank you, I assumed it was because the
filesystem was not umounted, although the os never made it up.  Why do
they even have that option.  Many thanks again Mark.  I'm at the RH summit
as I speak/type.  Are you at the summit?  If anyone is at the summit and
wants to talk, just email me.  Thanks again Mark,
Paula