RHEL 4 with Aocent KVM Dongles

Wayne Pinette Wpinette at tru.ca
Fri May 4 21:38:40 UTC 2007

Hi.  We are "upgrading" our kvm in our data center with Avocent DSR
units that require their USB or PS2 to cat-5 dongles.

All is grand except it turns out if you use the DSAVRIQ-USB2 dongles,
the keyboard and mice don't work.  AVocent was very helpful in saying
that the older version dongles worked just fine but that they are
waiting for the Linux community to come out with a patch for these new
composite USB2 devices.  I was wondering if anyone out there knows
anything/has had any luck with these units on their Linux systems.

Wayner