Linux, RH, kickstart and PXE

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Wed Sep 26 02:24:06 UTC 2007

Hi Mark,

No worries, I'm using 4, and 5 and Fedora 7 with cobbler it all works well.

Some things don't work with 4 but that's b/c the kickstart options only
work with 5 and above (i.e. the repo commands).

Anyway, check out:
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/cobbler/wiki/UserDocs

b/c once you start with kickstart you're gonna want to template stuff
and there's alot already answered at the above link.

Trust me... I feel your pain. From SunOS 2.4 -> Solaris9 and hoping to
never go back (though all of my "hip" friends tell me solaris 10 finally
got it right)

Good luck.

Cheers,
Harry