FUSE

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Jul 14 00:19:45 UTC 2008

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008, Joy Methew wrote:

> hello all...
> i wann a use sshfs for encryption......
>
> yum install fuse-sshfs
>
> rpm -qa fuse
> fuse-2.7.0-6.fc6
>

> rpm -qa fuse-sshfs
> fuse-sshfs-1.7-2.fc6
>
> sshfs root at 192.168.1.4: /mnt/
> root at 192.168.1.4's password:
> fuse: device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first
>

> Everything finished up but when I try to mount  fuse
> device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first." When I run that command I get
> "FATEL: Module fuse not found." Is there something else I need to install?

Look at the non-ntfs part of the following article:

 	http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/NTFSPartitions

The trick is to install dkms-fuse, fuse and fuse-sshfs from RPMforge to
get resp. the fuse kernel module for your kernel, the fuse interface and
the fuse-sshfs filesystem.

PS If you succeed and you're interested to document your sshfs setup in
the CentOS wiki to help others, let me know.