SCSI Hard disk problem

Dr. Madhurjya P. Bora mpbora at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 04:32:30 UTC 2008

Yes, we talked to the vendor (i.e. IBM reseller) and have ensured that these drives will work with the existing system.

The raid controller does see these new drives, but they are not the part of the array. There is only one array and IBM ServeRAID software that came with the machine does not have any option on it menu to include thsese new hard drives into a separate array. I guess I have to delete the old array and configure from anew.

Madhurjya

Physics Department, Gauhati University
Guwahati 781014, India
http://www.guniv.ernet.in