Installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux without Gnome?

Pat Riehecky prieheck at iwu.edu
Tue May 20 18:10:51 UTC 2008

On my production systems I don't install X or Gnome.  However, due to
the magic of X11 forwarding (ssh -Y) I have a working firefox on a few
boxen.  These days yum has gotten close enough to emulating the debian
dependency resolution that the frustration of dependency chases is
nearly gone.  From the installation I unchecked X, Gnome and left
checked the Admin Tools.  That gave me about what I expect you are
looking for.

Pat