My network and audio cards

Allen Carpenter ozy at landofoz.org
Sun Oct 5 20:29:20 UTC 2008

On Sunday 05 October 2008 02:24:04 Mohamed Samir wrote:
> Hi ALL,
>
> I purchased a new hp notebook and I installed RHEL 5.0. Unfortunately, my
> network (wired and wireless) cards and the audio card are not defined.
>

> *Network Cards:*
> Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5100
> Realtek RTL8168C/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

The realtek website has drivers for the network card that work well.
In addition to the instructions in the readme file with the driver find and
rename the r8169 driver to prevent it's trying to load again.
http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false