determine hardware raid

Wayne Betts wbetts at bnl.gov
Thu Feb 5 02:52:07 UTC 2009

Miscellaneous thoughts:

If you haven't done it already, get some basic info about the controller from "lspci", so you'll
have a chance of finding something relevant with Google.

Dell does have some RAID utilities for various PERC controllers.  "aacraid" and "afacli" might be
useful terms to search for on Google, iirc.

Dell has OpenManage Server Assistant or something like that came with a bunch of their PowerEdge
systems.  I never much liked it but did manage to get some basic monitoring going using some of the
tools that are part of it.

Over the last few years I've managed to get some useful information on this subject starting here:

http://linux.dell.com/storage.shtml

-Wayne Betts