Traffic going to eth1 is goin

Hi,

I'm scratching my head on this one...

I've configured a server with 2 network interfaces, eth0 and eth1. eth0 = 192.168.2.211 and eth1 = 192.168.2.212. eth1 seemed to work properly, but whenever I open a connection to 192.168.2.212, I see the traffic on eth0.

Digging deeper led me to this finding. When there is an arp who-has 192.168.2.212, the arp reply contains the MAC address of eth0 instead of eth1.

Both ports are connected to a Cisco Catalyst switch.

Any idea of how this could happen and the solution? The only cause that I can think of is that at the beginning, I tried configuring bonding on this server, so both interfaces seemed to have the same MAC address, but I configured this bonded interface with only one IP address anyway, and I think it was in another subnet.

Any idea welcome.

Thanks,

Ugo